Your pet can’t speak, and so it can be hard to know when they are starting to feel unwell. Cats and dogs are notorious at hiding signs of illness until the disease has progressed, making early detection difficult. Enter lab work. With lab work including blood analyses, urinalysis, fecal exams, and skin testing, we can more readily detect abnormalities and start your pet on a treatment plan early. This greatly improves your pet’s recovery time and limits their discomfort.
Tests we commonly run with our in-house lab include:
- Complete blood counts (CBCs)
- Blood chemistry panels such as liver enzyme screening, pancreatic evaluation, kidney profiles, glucose and electrolyte levels, and more
- Blood gases analysis
- Urinalysis to check the health of the kidneys and bladder
- Fecal testing to check for intestinal parasites and other gastrointestinal problems
- Disease screenings for FeLV and FIV in cats and heartworm, tick-borne illness, and parvovirus in dogs
At our in-house pet pharmacy, you can easily and quickly pick up you pet’s prescriptions during your appointment! We offer all the latest treatments in veterinary medicine for pain management, disease management, parasite prevention and more. Plus, for your convenience, we can even ship your pet’s medication straight to your home!
Ordering medication from your veterinarian’s pharmacy is a safeguard against fraudulent online pharmacies. Many unlicensed online pharmacies offer medications without the need for a vet’s prescription—this may sound convenient, but it could be dangerous. These pharmacies often deliver expired, damaged, or even counterfeit medications. To protect your pet, ordering from your veterinarian is your best bet. You’ll get an approved medication that has been handled properly throughout its development and delivery and is covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Plus, many are also eligible for manufacturer rebates, which puts them in competition with online pharmacy prices.