Cat and dog exams are similar to your checkup at the doctor. Our goal is to perform a thorough assessment of your pet’s health so we can assign treatment where needed or just work on maintaining your pet’s wellness. For wellness exams, we’ll thoroughly evaluate your pet’s health and make sure no problems are brewing beneath the surface. In the event your pet is brought in for a sick exam, we’ll address your concerns and assess their symptoms so we can quickly get them the care they need.
Here's what you can expect at an exam:
- Fear free, comprehensive physical exam
- Vaccination administration based on lifestyle
- Age-appropriate blood work screening
- Fecal analysis
- Deworming (typical for puppies and kittens)
- Heartworm and tick-borne disease screening
- Parasite prevention prescription
- Nutritional and behavior counseling, if needed
- Medication prescription, if appropriate
WHY DOES MY PET NEED BLOOD WORK?
Blood work is one of the best ways to assess your pet’s health and detect any underlying conditions. Cats and dogs are masters at hiding signs of illness in their early stages, long before physical symptoms are present. Yet, with blood work, we get a glimpse of what’s going on beneath the surface and can detect illness in its earliest stages—and treat it before it gets worse.